Sunday, January 4, 2009

photos of Christmas










OK, I have just spent an hour trying to get a slide-show of Norway pictures together.

At the same time I am trying to get the kids outfitted and ready to ski with April and Matthew at Snow Valley, baked four loaves of bread, attempted to get the house "ready" for me to be in bed for a coupla days after they take out my Gall bladder, and also have gotten the last suitecases empty.


so, the short story is that I failed with the slide show, and I'm blaming it on the Ontario Ministry of Health, and I have good reason to blame them.

This is because all our internet comes through them.

Living in the middle of nowhere as we do, where high speed internet is still unheard of.....skipping details......


Ontario Health insists that my very important neurologist genius husband have top-o-the-line internet, only their version doesn't allow me to download the Picasa slide show thingy for the benefit of the masses, like this blog.

So here are some pictures, except for the dozen or so that I accidentally deleted while trying to shorten the extra big white spaces below.

Go ahead and laugh at me, I can take it.











Here is Audun Ween, he is as much fun as he appears









above is Oslo fjord








Here are Daniel and cousin Sigmund on the boat










above is Oslo skating at night







Maggie, tired from sightseeing, in a Norwegian Chinese restaurant





All of us at Oslo Harbor













Daniel, with a statue of himself when he was two













Our man Mike




Helen, so lovely





Sigmund and Audun stealing Farmor's roast







Vigdis and Hans with her extra special pickled herring.....yummy






Farfar and my boys






the Pepper-Kaker huss








Olav giving us a tour of Ski Church











Ski church, built in 1140, where Jon's ancestors are buried.



















Virginia Morgan wins a prize




Elza's beautiful table








The long, frozen hike from Haugerbakken to Langhus.



Sigmund, so cute













Audrey and Ingvild







There were lots more, I don't know where the went.......



No comments: