No interesting stories to tell today.
But I am getting toward the end of Herodotus, and that's OK. Much as I have enjoyed it, 509 pages of ancient kings and their seemingly petty inducements to war is about enough for now.
I feel the need for a little Wodehouse.
I have finished my tour of Dr. Bernstein's diet for 2008. I once again see every yummy carbohydrate as my enemy. This is how it must be.
Running yesterday was miserable. Big fat wet snowflakes splatting into my eyes, and frozen gloppy stuff on the ground so my feet were frozen and soaked. And a brisk wind from the arctic blocking my progress on my outbound northerly route. Summer is indeed over.
Jess is reading Eats, Shoots and Leaves, and I am not there yet. Maybe we have a theme going here.....I am so far always trying to catch up to my reading partner.
Another theme is that there's a whole lot of life that makes reading a challenge. And yesterday, while in a waiting room with two of the more quiet and well behaved of my offspring, I wasted the book reading time by reading the comics from the Globe and Mail. And I enjoyed my quiet well behaved offspring. Anybody want to guess which two they were?
3 comments:
Hope you will enjoy running this time too. I enjoy following your blog and love your comfort writing. For few moments my mind run outside through the office's window…and I start dreaming …The feeling of a cold wind over my face and a view of all beautiful colours that are outside created a wonderful picture. Moreover, I could add to this imaginary picture a hot coffee or tee, or even an old friend...that is my husband, and the picture reached more beautiful colours… But I quit ASAP my short mind running, I could go too far …and I could forget that I have to work and delight in God right here at my desk! However, Delight in God with all your heart running or not! God is amazing good…By the way, I have two of your offspring in mind and I would be happy to tray my guess on the upcoming Sunday’s fellowship.
Cornelia,
I can hardly wait to see you next week. That will be such a fun day for me!
and the two offspring were Mike and Audrey.
You know you are so dear to me.
m
Aww, my guesses were Michael and Audrey...but you gave it away...
Post a Comment