Here is another funny moment.
Tonight I am supposed to go to bookclub and say something intelligent about Ulysses.
So yesterday I went to hunt up my copy of the book which has all my notes tucked in the back.
It wasn't in the basket where it lives. And we looked everywhere.....panic!
Today, I confirmed my worst fears which are that book and notes are in the "lost and found" at Markham Stouffville Hospital, where I accidentally left them on the parking lot payment box the other day. The one security guy who can get them out for us will be in tomorrow morning by 8am. Too late.
We had gone in for some tests for one of those quiet offspring I mentioned earlier, and upon leaving I stopped to instruct a Guatemalan lady about how the paystub went into the machine. I set the book down, and failed to pick it back up I think.
So in an hour, I'm off to John and Judy's without any handy notes on which to rely. I will either look brilliant or stupid.
No comments:
Post a Comment