Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Little Manly Goose Blanching

David and Jon and their respective geese all got together for a double date today.
Here they are, preparing to blanch the birds.

There was a very scientific piercing of goose-flesh which somehow escaped the eye of my camera.

All this is done in an effort to help the goose free itself of the enormous amount of fat which is layered under the skin.












Don't they look serious.


I think our dinner is in good hands.


And just below, David heads home with Goose #2, preparing to do mysterious things to it which will be revealed on Friday evening at roughly 5PM.


3 comments:

Lori said...

Missy, that all sounds so yummy and exciting. How I wish I could be one of the judges! Besides, Tiramisu is pretty much my favorite.
We're doing prime rib tonight - even though Roger still goes vegetarian.

missy said...

I wish you could have been one of our judges too.
One day I have this dream of Christmas in Idaho. We can let Jon cook.

connie said...

Hmmm - this is terrific - fun and delicious - a great way to add fun to the Christmas celebration. Thanks for sharing on your blog. You are an inspiration!