Well, David who will be cooking Goose #2 phoned today and we had a little huddle over which side-dishes will best accompany our geese.
He talked me out of the butternut squash, and now I'm making gingered parsnips and carrots. I checked with the good Dr., and he concurred. We made a good number of menu adjustments, in fact. Then Jon wanted to add peas and oven roasted potatoes. The eggplant I have such a hankering for is just not going to be allowed at the table.
And I am being stubborn about rolls, I can't eat them so I am not enthused about making them. Oh, yeah, this is about bestowing a gift to others. We'll see about those rolls.
Then, my sweet friend Cornelia called and agreed to join us with her fun little family, so now we have some impartial judges for the goose cook-off.
And she's bringing a tiramisu to sit alongside our trifle.
I can't eat that either, but I'm happy for the rest of them.
Now we need a prize for the top goose.
There is this stray cat living in our garage which would be a great prize, but only if David's goose is the winner.
2 comments:
You are just so incredibly delightful. It's nice to peek in on your Christmas festivities.
Amazing as always
Post a Comment