So, in the post below, I said I had purchased A goose, when in fact I purchased 2 frozen organic geese.
It was too much to explain that there had been a big fat mis-communication between ourselves and our neighbor, David. So, the truth is that I bought two geese.
Then, I was told David had a better and fresher goose of his own.
I also mentioned my twin geese to neighbor David's wife, Anne.
It seems that there followed a conversation at their house at which someone's mind was changed.
And then today I heard from Anne that David will be cooking our surplus goose.
And so his living goose, formerly known as Goose #2, is still walking around, with it's head on. Nobody at our house will be eating that goose.
And, best of all, I feel we are now on a level playing field.
I have just had sort of a hysterical time trying to get a romantic looking photo of these two frozen birds. The shots taken in the fridge were too embarrassing to publish. So I brought the girls out into the warm glow of my kitchen to catch a moment of their thawing for posterity.
They have just begun their two days of "half-thawing", which will end abruptly on Wednesday evening when Jon submerges each one in boiling water for a little fat melting blanch. Then they will return to the fridge, warmer and somewhat subdued, to await the great pride crusher for all fowl.....The Stuffing.
Really, aren't they lovely?
No comments:
Post a Comment