Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thankful and Tired

These days my brain is so tired, and my body really hates running now.
And on top of that, it's gotten cold, so I can't run in shorts any more.....it's those beastly tights again. And I know the snow is coming.
In November.....but it's coming.
Global warming has been a huge disappointment for me.

I am finding the requirements of running and educating my kids, looking after my mom, managing the house, and hospitality of an ongoing nature have got me feeling like I'm treading water far out at sea.
And I am registered to run a marathon in 16 days. I have occasional moments of panic over this.
The very wonderful discovery I am making along the way is this:
Whenever I find myself thinking I am nearly swamped, I must remember that complaining and giving way to unhappiness are wrong.
I think Nancy Wilson said somewhere that complaining is actually lying about God. Complaining is the same as saying that God has given me things that are not good.
So, understanding that there is always a way of escape....I find that if I stop, and pray through it, looking carefully for the response that is gentle, and loving, and kind, and giving, and not about ME....the moment passes without me making an ass of myself.

I don't always get this right, and there are many witnesses of that.
And I understand it's the Holy Spirit working when it goes well.
I just love it when it happens.

1 comment:

Mandi said...

You are amazing. Keep at it! Thanks for the reminder to not make an ass of myself...I need it this week...