Tuesday, October 20, 2009

So, guess what I just did.
It's 2AM, I woke up just over an hour ago and I mean I really woke up.....like I am ready to DO SOMETHING.
So I came down and ran some laundry, cleaned out a refrigerator, woke up Michael with my banging around, and decided to use my crazy late night energy in a quieter way.
So, I should have picked up The Path Between the Seas, and I honestly don't know why I didn't. It's a very well written book. Perhaps I'll tell you about it one day.

Instead, I headed to the computer where
I discovered a whole world of crazy runners who blog about running, training, marathoning, what they eat, how much mud they accumulated on a given workout, how many people and dogs got in the way of their run today etc.
I don't know why I never hunted these people up before.

Well actually, I never did it before because I don't have time for this nonsense.
They are all far more consumed by running than I would ever hope to be, but they're strangely inspiring, too.
And what I feel inspired to do is train better, and perhaps more importantly, keep a more interesting blog.
If you want to find them yourself just google "marathon blogs" and there's no end to the fun.
Be warned, it is a huge time-eater. And the English runners are the funniest.

Here are a few which are worth reading:
http://www.jog-blog.co.uk/
http://crunchynanas.com/
http://mrsduffysmarathonblog.blogspot.com/
http://metamanda.com/marathon/
And my favorite:
http://www.warriorwomen.co.uk/
I especially like "warrior woman's" philosophy of life as stated here: Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!




1 comment:

Dad24treasures said...

I don't think your blog COULD get more interesting. Or inspirational. Or encouraging. It's awesome as it is! And so are you!