A quick update on where I am today:
I am still slogging through The Making of the Atomic Bomb....I think I have just under 180 pages to go.
I finished Liberal Fascism last week, finally.
The very prodigious Atomic bomb book, the arrival of spring, the celebration of Easter and a birthday, the impending end of the school year, and some kind of mountain of exhaustion caused by my suddenly "upping" my weekly running mileage have all combined to cause a significant slow down on the reading.
In a reading sprint, I stayed up until 2am this morning reading My Antonia by Willa Cather, what a breath of fresh air that was after the atomic bomb! It's well written, sweet and sad. A welcome change from the dark apocolyptic study of the making of weapons of mass destruction.
Jon is reading Pilgrim's Progress aloud to all of us , and I'll check it off my list when he's finished.
I'm reading The Little Prince to Daniel, and that'll be done by Monday.
And as for running, now that weather is good, I have four to six kids along with me for some of my short runs.
This is pretty much fun, pretty much mayhem, pretty much a clown show getting us all out the door with dogs (on leashes), running stroller, matching shoes on six pair of feet, who's riding bikes? where are the water bottles....and where are the house keys????
I miss running with my inspirational husband. I'm praying for that perfect R.A. medication to get him feeling well enough to hit the road again.
5 comments:
I'm also impressed by how clean all those shoes are!!
I just checked in to see how you were doing. Your life sounds insane but wonderful.
I'm looking forward to my Atomic Bomb book...it really sounds so very good.
Keep on with the hard work. You are going to have such a year to be proud of!
My 2 favorite ladies from Boise....
Lori, many of those shoes are just new and that explains why they're clean.
And Mandi, this book is yours, I'm sorry I'm so slow getting done with it.
I apreciate your encouragement so much.
This 100 books and marathon project is teaching me more than I anticipated. I'm learning lots and lots about my tendency to be selfish with my time and about what real service to my family looks like.
And the books themselves are becoming almost like a mind broadening side-effect.....
gosh this is a long comment.
Love you both.
m
I wish somebody would give me a dollar for every misspelling I have perpetrated on the internet.
I would be able to get my kids through an Ivy League School.
Ivey Leeg Skool, I mean.
Well writtten. But is it possible that you exagerate a bit on that last little bit??
(: :)
Post a Comment