Monday, March 29, 2010

Springing around with the Weens


In case there is anyone wondering what is going on at the Ween's house, here's the news.
First, and best.....
Running at 6am is BACK!  
And, even better, Jon is running with me.  
He's feeling great, looking great.  
He's great.
And,  if that were not enough, we have kids running along with us too.
Different kids on different days, but always only kids who can actually maintain a reasonable pace while moving forward under their own steam.
No running stroller.....my arms, my back are so relieved.
How much sweeter can life get?  
We are our own private running club.
  
Except that this morning I got all dressed to go and was met with a bit of resistance from some folks who didn't want to run in the rain.  I hoped that either the weather or the resolve of my family would change, but it continued to rain, and they continued to balk at getting their hair wet.  So I'm still here in my spandex at 8am......will spend the rest of the morning  looking for that window of opportunity to sneak out and run.


In other news, Spring made a brief appearance, then abandoned us, but seems to be making  a sheepish return.  (Sheepish return, like "in like a lion, out like a sheep".....) 
And as spring comes in, the guys are thinking of nothing else, and I do really mean NOTHING else but fly fishing.  There is nearly continual talk of where the fish are running, and when it's legal to  actually catch them.  And there is the continual tying of flies.   And here is a photo of what that looks like.  This is the typical Sunday night fly-tying gathering of interested friends, neighbors and wannabees.




For me, I am doing what many other home-schooling mothers are doing now.....steeling myself, facing forward into the last few months of educating my offspring, feeling the temptation to throw them all in school next fall as I look at all that will be required of us if they stay home.....and praying for courage and strength to push ahead.  And then I will start organizing for next year and feel that invigorating pull to press on and do it bigger and better than ever. 
But that blast of refreshment probably won't arrive before May.


I am also knitting obsessively.  Knitting while waiting in the car, while Jon is driving, while kids are reading to me, while the potatoes are cooking.....although, as we were debarking the car yesterday on our way in to Boston Pizza for lunch, Jon told me I was forbidden to take the knitting into the restaurant.  
Here's what I finished on Saturday,  (it's the tuquoise item, not the lovely white one....)






And here, the little orange nubbin, is what I started last night.  When it grows up it will be a flaming version of the white shawl on the right.


Otherwise, we are just rolling along like normal.  With Maggie  busily dressing the cat and herself in cutting edge fashion.  
We are calling the photo of her with the two headbands "Easter Ninja"



I am only reading knitting books this week, and nobody wants to read about that, I'll bet.

1 comment:

Dad24treasures said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one with those thoughts of fall school registration!

I'm also glad you're succumbing to the fact that you, too, are created 2B creative ;)Can't wait to see that flaming shawl!