Monday, March 22, 2010

Grace and Peace

It comes to my attention, more and more, that the apostle Paul in all his letters to the early churches always greets them saying "Grace and peace to you....." along with mention of how he's always remembering them in prayer with great thanksgiving.

So, I'm aware that I have a bit of a tendency to be something of a peace disturber at times.

So the challenge for today, tomorrow and every day is then to use these greetings as an example for myself.  To set a filter of grace, peace, and thanksgiving on all my communications with my husband, children, neighbors, telemarketers, receptionists.......everyone.
Before I open my mouth  to speak, I need to ask myself if what I'm about to say is consistent with praying with thanksgiving that the person before me will enjoy grace and peace.
And whatever God sets before us to do, he will enable us to do it.
Marvellous!

No comments: