If you haven't stepped outside, I suggest you do so NOW.
All of us who were laughing up our sleeves over global warming are now so pleased to see that Obama has not only completely reversed it in his local DC beltway area, giving them record snowfall and unprecedented school cancellations in 2010 (after only a year on the hill!), in a gesture of extreme statesmanship he has forwarded global warming on to places where it is much more likely to be appreciated. Like my neighborhood.
We are enjoying a sunny week straight out of mid to late April, and it's only March 8 or so.....
I am well acquainted with the annual mud levels, month by month, for my yard and my dogs throughout the spring, and I can tell you, we are a month ahead of ourselves. I am mopping the kitchen floor twice a day. That's generally what I would expect for April 8-16.
I have trees which are in bud.....way too early. And I have heard doves every morning for the past five days, one month ahead of schedule. The skunks and raccoons are rampaging the yard, ice on the river is melted and mostly gone, and I am watching the water every day to see if the trout will swim upstream a month ahead of schedule.....fully expecting to see them sometime late this week.
God is sovereign, the end of the world is not at hand.....so I am just enjoying it all. So very very thankful for spring.
1 comment:
Strange, huh? And here in Boise Town, we've had the mildest non-winter of the 20 years that I've lived here. It would seem that if the temperature range in any given locale can fluctuate so much on a decades or centennial basis, why could that not also be the case on a worldwide millennial basis as well?
Enjoy your mud. And the doves.
Post a Comment