Friday, February 12, 2010

Nothing exciting to report

Oh shoot, I have a blog.
I must keep it up....so here goes.
I have been busily having a mundane life.
Not reading too much.
Sleeping a healthy amount every night.
Avoiding running on ice and in temperatures below -9.
I have had friends over almost every day this week.
I am diligently educating my children.
And as we are just pulling out of the medieval period of history, we all got together for a school inspired movie night and watched "Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail" or whatever it's called.
Those who know David will understand why I am deaf in my left ear now.....this boy laughs just like Ed McMahon, and he was close beside me.....on my left.
In between meals, dishes, teaching five different grades, and keeping my dogs out of the hands of the dog-catcher, I am trying to get my husband to set up his own facebook page so he can stop making comments on other people's photo's in my name.
I am also in a phase of frantic decluttering, and have taken four or five large vanus maximus sized loads of stuff nobody needs to the South Pickering Waste Management Facility.  When I was young and thin, this was called "the dump".
We have adopted the cat I hinted at awarding as a prize for the Christmas Goose Cookoff.  His name is Alfred.  When I took him off for his shots and bloodwork preliminary to his neutering, Maggie sang softly to herself in the back of the van "We are going to turn our sweet boy kitty into a girl kitty, a sweety sweety sweety little girly little kitty."
And tonight, before Monty Python, Jon and I celebrated our 19th Valentine's Day together....our first was in a swanky cool Italian restaurant in Boston.  Tonight we went to the Thai restaurant in the Mall and then popped up to Best Buy to get the Monty Python movie.  Our cataclysmic fall to  whitebread suburban terminal boringness was pretty entertaining for us both.
We like our life better now than we did then, amazingly.

Anyhoo,  this is Alfred here below.  Everybody at the house loves him, except for dear old Bill the Cat, who hates him so much that he has made himself ill with worry.  Any helpful comments on how to make two (altered male) cats fall in love with each other will be much appreciated.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Missy,

I have no helpful suggestions for you on how to make the two cats fall in love, however I had to say that the little song Maggie sang on your way to the vet gave me quite the laugh! Is that what little 3 year olds learn when they have older siblings? Hehe. She's too much!

Graceful Oven said...

altered...aka...pink:)

Missy said...

Hmm, honeybunch, seems to me you need to post some new material here. It's the 23rd now!

Hubby