Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Third Set of Ten Books

It's time to look ahead again.

I will have completed 23 books on the last day of February.
That leaves 76 books in the next 227 days. Saving Death Comes for the Archbishop for December, (thanks to The Amazing Mandi's good recommendation).

That's encouraging, I think I can do it.

So I have the next ten set aside. These books are to be read from March 1 through April 14.
There is at least one big one here that needs good attention, so I'm taking extra days.

Here's the list:
Thucydides - History of the Pelopennesian War
Albert Einstein - Ideas and Opinions
Douglas Wilson - A Serrated Edge
Willa Cather - My Antonia
Anne Enright - The Gathering
Richard Rhodes - The Making of the Atomic Bomb
Michael Ward - Planet Narnia
James Wilson - How to Be Free from Bitterness
David McCullough - The Path Between the Seas
and the Wodehouse will be My Man Jeeves

Once Again, anybody who wants to read a book along with me, or ahead of me, I love having someone to talk to about these books.
Particulary any of you scientifically oriented people, and I can think of at least three of you who read this blog and have excessive amounts of training in science, who might be just dying to read Richard Rhodes or Albert Einstein.
Let me know.

No comments: