I am without a gall bladder, and so happy about that!
I took my copy of The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment to read while I waited, and that generated some good conversation between myself and an older gentleman who was wearing one of the same adorable hospital gowns and blue slippers as me. Books are so often a great conversation starter.
He observed that there's really not any hope of being content without Christ, and that contentment is the rarest feature ever seen in mankind.
I read some bits aloud and he says he's on his way to purchase a copy of the book once he's all healed from whatever surgery they did on his leg.
So we were then separated for our respective cutting, feeling encouraged.
Everything went well, and Jon and the kids made it such a nice day for me once I got home.
And on another positive note, Pittsburgh DID win. Who saw that?
1 comment:
Glad you are doing well...I was praying for your health and also a bit of spiritual refreshment for your soul as you recover. Enjoy taking it easy this week.
Post a Comment