A while ago........ months? weeks?............ the challenge was presented to me to read 100 books and do something "big".
100 books is easy to figure out, and the something big part was such a tantalizing temptation....I almost short-circuited while narrowing myself down to ONE.
One of the many rejected ideas in the "something big" category was to build a canoe in Jon's woodshop , but I'm going to leave that to the men and boys.
Another was to "daylight" the buried stream in the backyard. But since I don't own a bulldozer, that one's out.
There were a couple of ideas which involved a sewing machine, but my track record with those projects is pretty poor.
So I settled on a big thing that I know a little bit about, and I'm going to run a marathon next fall. It won't be the first marathon in my life, but it will be the first one since our children joined us. So, everything is different, and that makes it big.
Jon is pretty leary of the whole thing, and keeps asking if I have time for this. Of course I don't. But really, I don't have time for six kids and two dogs and whatever else is filling my day, so here we go.
My book list is compiled and I'll post it here in the next few days. But first, I have to stop tweeking it and switching titles in and out.
I will also, at some point divulge all the ways I plan to cheat. There is an allowed quantity of audio-books and a few other little loop-holes to make it a reasonable plan for someone like me.
So, here is my first post, now we are launched.
10 comments:
Wow!! I am so amazed that you're really going to do this!! Way to go!!
Kelly
You mean you're not taking requests? I think you should have a blog contest to choose your final book.
You've inspired me - I'm going to watch 100 hours of TV next month. Including a Twilight Zone marathon.
Hi guys....
Thanks for being my friends here,
It will get more interesting long about January, but in the meantime I have my list and some photos to add....I work slowly.
Matthew, my neighbor's answer to this challenge was that he plans to drink 100 bottles of wine and drink one book without falling asleep.
Maybe a blog contest with lots of free give-aways would help me build my readership.
And David is all fired up to join you on that Twilight Zone thing....
Just checking in, looks good!!!
hi! I am one of the 6 kids. My name is Helen Ween and
I am 9. I haven't been writing
on a blog that much before, but I
think i'll blog with you guys.
I like to write poems and I love playing with Maggie, my little sister. Good luck Mom.
Helen
Hey everybody!
This is Audrey #2 of the sixpack!
I'll be thirteen in January when mom starts her 100 books so it will be an exiting month for all of us (:
Mom has been reading Nancy and Doug wilsons blogs for a good while now so we all suggested she start one of her own. Finaly after alot of presure from her family and an inspiration from somthing else (I have yet to ask her about that) she found an excuse to do one.
GO MOM!!
Audrey(:
you rock, missy! i know you can do it!!
cokie
OK, yes, I stand corrected. Charles, my neighbor, doesn't plan to DRINK one book, he's thinking of reading one.
This sounds great, Missy!
I'll toast a book to you at lunch, today.
(love the blog title)
Kathyl
Kathy.....
I missed your comment. I am hopeful that you will read with me, maybe a little.
What do you think?
Post a Comment