Monday, September 29, 2008

I Love You all! Who wants to join me?

What a treat, what a thrill!

I popped in this morning and was just so delighted to see that I have you cool people following me. Even though I'm not going anyplace yet.
I hope you will post comments,
encouragement, and criticism, whatever.

Most importantly, Who wants to read with me????
Any books, all books, just one book?

13 comments:

David said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David said...

cool but, can you do it

mike

Anonymous said...

I love the blog already Missy. Im laughing so hard at the kids comments...This is inspiring me to read...I Love starting books and rarely finish them. When do you squeeze in time to read??

Missy said...

Jess....
the kids do sound a bit dubious, at least Michael does.
He's much more supportive in person.

I have an idea that figuring out how to squeeze in time to read is going to be the subject of a few blog posts in 2009.
In other words, I haven't figured it all out.
I have a clear plastic cookbook holder on the kitchen counter, I think I might use that....cooking and reading Xenophon, dinner will surely burn!

Missy said...

So Jess, pick a book and read with me!
I think your mom said something about "Uncle Tom's Cabin"....want to do that one?

Anonymous said...

I will have to get back to you on my choice of book - i want to look them all over. It's so nice that you have complied a lovly list for me to choose from...I think I should start with Eats, Shoots and...whatever...I need help. Also are you buying most of the books or do you already own them...Maybe Im asking questions that will be answered in future posts.
I will be thinking of books to read.
Jess

Anonymous said...

and Leaves...

Scott G. said...

Hi Missy.
I will not commit to reading with you. Too much pressure in that. Nor will I run a marathon. But I will thoroughly enjoy reading what you write about both. I may even pick a book from the list.
I was in Brevard NC today & thought of you!

Missy said...

Jess.....

I own some of these books, the rest I can probably get from the library. Except for two, which I already know I must get from Amazon.
Do pick a book and read with me....
You too Scott!
My mother is here and wants to know "what in the world took him to Brevard?" So I pass her question along.

Missy said...

By the way Scott, you still look just the same as when your photo was taken.
Unless you have a beard now.
Were you about six?

kathyl said...

Missy,

Thanks so much for the list of books. yes, I will be reading with you as soon as I finish Immigration in Boston. The book I am reading now.
This is great to be connected.
Kathy

Higher Voltage said...

Hi Missy
I will aim to read one from each set of ten. For this round I'll read Idols for Destruction. I hadn't heard of it before but skimmed it on Google Books and it looks great.

Missy said...

Great Jim!
I read "Idols..." almost 20 years ago, and it is really insightful. I can't wait to hear what you think of it.
I am so happy you guys are doing this with me!