Anyhow, her question made me realize that I have not written my goals here yet, mostly because my goal is embarrassingly basic.
I want to finish the Niagara Falls Marathon on my feet, before the clean-up van comes along to tell the stragglers it's time to go home. I am training my body to keep running for five hours. I know that if I run for five hours, I will cross the finish line.
I just don't want to walk, and I don't want to be carried.
It's not impressive, but it's an attainable goal.
Next year I will go for a more respectable time.
Next year maybe this blog will be called "Get me some lunch while I train for my BQ Time".
1 comment:
Give your self a shake, woman! You think "training my body to run for five hours" is "not impressive"???????? I say it's VERY impressive! There are very few people in this world who require so much of their minds and bodies as you do -- WHILE BEING AN AWESOME MOM, to boot -- and do it in such a way as to demonstrate the grace and goodness of God at work in your life! That is nothing to sneeze at, my dear!!!!
Post a Comment