Meanwhile I am reading through Eusebius's History of the Church with my older kids, and enjoying it very much. I'm reading this one on-line, at the Medieval Sourcebook website, which is an excellent resource for all your medieval literary needs. I look through the titles available, and think maybe one day I will read 100 medieval books in a year. That would be a weird year, hey?
But for now, and by way of explaining my slow progress at discussing books, here's a little wrap up of the events since my last post:
Jon and I went off to Niagara on the Lake, which is just so charming, to stay in a fabulous B&B and celebrate his birthday just "us"....and we saw a strange and incomprehensible GB Shaw play about King Charles.
On the way home on Saturday, we stopped by IKEA ostensibly to pick up a bit of hardware, but really we picked up his cool brother Hans who just popped over from Oslo to surprise him. THAT was fun!
Then we had a surprise party on Sunday. Also fun.
Then we had a couple of extra people visiting, and that was fun too.
Then on Wednesday, the dog got a bacterial infection which nearly killed him. That was NOT fun.
He could not walk, eat or drink for three days.
Now, one week (and a truckload of antibiotics) later, he looks almost normal again.
Then Jon took the boys fishing overnight last Friday, and I hosted a crazy girls sleepover for Helen. That was fun.
On Saturday afternoon, as I was getting ready for a dinner party for 16, expecting Jon to arrive home any minute
......the Ontario Police phoned to say, now don't be alarmed,
but they said "we have your son...."
so I was alarmed right through the roof.
It turned out Daniel had gotten separated from the guys fishing,
Jon thought the boys had him,
the boys thought Jon had him.....
bad communication.
Then a lady found him in the woods and hauled him up to a park and the police took care of him. It was Scary for my little guy!!!!
But there's much to be thankful for. All our celebrations of Jon were a big hit with him, we enjoyed so many friends for those fun days. Daniel is safe with us. Hans made it home to his family safely. And Cinder has recovered and will hopefully have the pleasure of ransacking another movie set sometime soon.
1 comment:
Love this peak into the life of Missy Ween!
This blog rocks...We must set a date to get
together soon.
Post a Comment