This business of daily blog posts is about to come to an end. I can't keep this pace up for much longer.
But I want to get some things on here now, before all goes silent for a few weeks around Christmas and New Years.
We've got Christmas with Jon's family in Oslo, which will be immediately followed by my gall bladder surgery. You must agree that we sure know how to have fun.
I know there are a few of you who like to read the blog, and then e-mail me your comments even thought there is a perfectly nice comment box right here.
So that's fine.
I'm going to answer two questions that I have gotten a few e-mails about.
First, what ever happened with fainting/blacking-out Michael?
So the answer to that came last Thursday.
It was all a big kerfuffle over a somewhat small problem.
Michael does not in fact need any heart procedure, he just has ultra low blood pressure like his Mom. Like 85 over 56, and that will cause fainting and blacking out if we don't manage ourselves properly, as some of us have seen first hand. So now we know, and there's much to be thankful for again!
And second, How did the audit go?
The audit was good too. Turns out that one reason we caught the eye of Canada Revenue was because we had never filed before 2004....there were a couple of other things related to me working for Jon and how I do medical billing etc, but the whole thing was benign, and I learned a whole lot about how to simplify my Canadian return. When I told him we were American and that explained our status as "chronic non-filers" It was like everything was cool and he closed books and was ready to move on to the next poor shmuck.
I might even say that it was the only time that announcing that I am an American has had a positive effect on any official person in Canada.
Thank you, those of you who were interested.
Everything is just coming up roses around here!
1 comment:
When I open your blog I have something nice to read for my soul. You handle every event in a very positive way that encourages me. I missed to tell you I start reading 'Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment' and I enjoy it. Hope we will talk about this book soon, but for this, I have to make sure I read it few times to get a good understanding of the book and moreover of the Mystery of Contentment. I wish you a blessed Christmas.
Post a Comment