I am going to be up really late tonight, peeling potatoes rather than reading a book.
And I was supposed to run for an hour today, but I made stuffing instead.
Tomorrow we will celebrate Thanksgiving.... and will perhaps be the last and most northerly Thanksgivers in North America this year.
I know that my brother in law and his family celebrated American Thanksgiving in Norway today, so they win the "most northerly" distinction, though not the last and most northerly on this continent.
I have an idea there aren't any other people in Canada doing the turkey this week.
The reason I say this is because there are absolutely zero cranberries in the grocery store here this month.
I went to four different grocery stores and asked the produce people in each one for a bag of fresh berries....and my variety of cranberry sauce requires 5 bags of cranberries. Each produce procurer told me to come back in December.....!
The US is only two hours away, but it might as well be on another planet sometimes.
I have made a lame attempt at a sauce using frozen berries. We'll see how it goes.
My turkey is a 24 lb monster. She'll go into the oven just before 6am.
And we have 16 lovely people coming to help us eat it.
No comments:
Post a Comment