Monday, June 1, 2009

June one......a freezing cold day in Toronto

In case there's anybody left checking this blog, I'm stopping in to give a progress report.

I've finished a few more books, and they are in bold in the list in the margin down below.

There is a posted schedule on my kitchen wall, in case you want to come have a gander, and I'm following it to train for the marathon, marking each run off when I come home. I have an 11 mile run scheduled for Saturday, and it seems that the long runs are becoming more and more of a looming feature in the week. I'm starting to do funny little things, like adjusting my coffee intake and social calendar based upon the running schedule.

Life has been really really full, as it tends to be in the spring.
School is winding up, all the "end of the year" stuff happens all at once.
My mom is staying with us for a few weeks.
The garden is calling.
I want to be outside because this is my favorite time of year.

Keeping things in perspective, maintaining balance, and never ever actually telling my kids to get their own meal because I am reading or running keeps me creative. I have been tempted though.

I would like to say that if there's any mom out there with two or more kids and a full schedule, and you think you might like to add one more thing to it......
like for instance running a whole lot and reading more books than you need to or building a canoe in your basement, or turning your backyard into a horticultural masterpiece, or learning Italian, please go for it and then write me and tell me how you are making it work.
I didn't plan to back away from blogging, but I couldn't think of a thing to say for a month. I dond't know if I am back to the old pace of almost daily posts, but I am back today.

2 comments:

Holly said...

I am so glad you are back! Just knowing you are doing all this and are still alive is an inspiration to me. And that was before you started running and reading 100 books.

Dad24treasures said...

You go, girl!!!! You continue to inspire me:)My "Temple Maintenance Journal" is a great tool because of you:)