Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Homeschooler's Paradise

This is a different kind of week at our house.
My house is packed with kids, my own kids and some notoriously well-behaved extras.
And I have the ultimate stunt-mother, the very  lovely April,  managing the chaos for me.  
This woman manages my house a thousand times better than I ever could, even in my wildest domestic dreams.
So everything at my house is different because it's running extra smoothly.
Because I am not there.
I feel safe mentioning this on the internet, because only a supreme idiot would attempt a crime on that piece of property this week.
It's full of dogs and teenagers....all vigilant and unlikely to sleep during any hours when the sun is down.  


I am off goofing around at the Midwest Homeschool Convention , which is one of those Big Fat Hairy Overblown American events which appear to make the world go around. And I am a big fat overblown American, (though I am not hairy).....so I will feel right at home.
Like, it's a Huge Event, with a 500 acre Exhibit Hall (by the look of the aerial plan) Incredible Speakers, 250 workshops, Tim Hawkins Live,  and Scott Hansburg the Human Calculator.    WOW!


My whole family is chuckling at how pathetic I am to get such a big kick out of such an overwhelmingly nerdfactor-rich event.
But, I am one of them now.  I am nerd-factor rich, and overblown.  
I've been doing this for ELEVEN years now.  
Homeschooling.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soak it in! Revel in it! Splash it around! Mull it over! Rejoice. Have fun. This IS the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.

Jon

xinme said...

First, Anonymous Jon, you should get an identity here -- Oh, and facebook;) So many of us would enjoy seeing you around! :):):)You're clearly a wonderful husband to be encouraging your wife this way!

Secondly, Missy, you are so NOT "fat and overblown." I think you're wonderful, too:)And the event sounds awesome -- have been "hearing" some tidbits on fb via TOS magazine. I agree with Jon -- revel in the inspiration and come back refreshed and revved up for another year:)

missy said...

Thanks Paula and Anonymous Jon...it was really amazing. I am like a New Mom.....with a honed up plan of action. Imagine 4,500 homeschooling Christians. Really amazing.
All crowded line-ups were a delightful time of fellowship with total strangers enjoying one another and making friends.

And I laughed so hard when Tim Hawkins started his routine by looking us all over and saying..."You bunch of WEIRDOS!!!!!" So funny!